December 11, 2017

Self-righteousness

It's Holy Monday and I ate pork. Did I already commit a sin? I am a Catholic. I go to church once in a while. I am not a devotee. I used to be a church organist. I sometimes attend praise and worship sessions. But I am naive when it comes to the doctrines and church laws. But I pray. A lot.

Just earlier, my colleague reprimanded me because my dinner is pork. I told her I didn't have any other food and asked her if it's bot allowed. She said that it is if you're a devoted Catholic. She then went to my other officemate ans started a chismis.

I'm getting so tired with these self-righteous people. They always think that they're a better person because they go to church regularlu and that they observe the religious practices. That's why my faith towards my religion somehow weakened because of these very people. They talk about other people, judge other people and condemn other people. Who are we to judge? Who are we to elevate ourselves from the rest because we think we know better? Who are we to impose our own rules and beliefs to someone else? We're just mere humans. I hope we put more value to our faith than our religion.


0 comments:

Post a Comment